Monday, December 3, 2012

How About Likeness Levels on Social Networks Like Google+


Have you ever "liked" something on a social networking site and then realized that you didn't really like it, in fact it might have disgusted you, or you thought it was interesting. Then you thought to yourself; "I hope no one thinks I actually like this, I just wanted to alert my friends and followers to the fact that this information exists." And don't tell me you haven't, because I'm sure we all have. Even if you don't care what anyone else thinks, it has become quite obvious that in the future the government will be going through everything that we "liked" online.

Okay so, let me give you an example. I am an aerospace and aviation buff, I love interesting designs, and the technology, I also like to study history. Nazi Germany in World War II was on the leading edge of aerospace design, and many of those designs were later incorporated into our own technologies here the United States. As an American, I stand opposed to everything that Nazi Germany stood for, and both of my Grandfathers fought in World War II to defeat Hitler. Still, that doesn't mean I don't admire the designs of their aerial war machines, or their advancements in technology in the field of aerospace back in the day.

In any case, I "liked" a few of the interesting designs that I had found searching around on Google Images. It occurred to me that I don't like this concept of having to state that "I like something" just because I wanted to make a note of it, bookmark it so I could later see it, or show it to my fellow think tankers to give them ideas of potential new aerospace designs. I'm afraid someone might take it the wrong way. There is a solution to this problem, and perhaps if you click on Google+, Facebook "Like" or any of the other social networking sites - next the user could choose the levels of "likeness" for further defining what you meant. For instance;

FYI Like Awesome Interesting

Indeed, I understand that you don't want to have "dislike" buttons because then competitors online would dislike your website, products, or services. It might also cause a negative experience online, or create animosity and revengeful attacks to "dislike" your opponent which would turn the Internet into a cat fight as we see often happens on Internet forums, media article comments, or blog comments. We don't need any more of that, as we have enough of it already. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

How Social Networking For Business Came to Be   Social Networking - A Beginners Guide to LinkedIn   Making Efficient Use of Your Social Media Campaign - A Debut Into Social Media Marketing   Top Reasons to Engage on Twitter   How Are You Leveraging Your LinkedIn Groups to Build Your Empire?   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。